Current:Home > NewsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Elevate Profit Vision
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 14:11:52
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (93955)
Related
- Global Warming Set the Stage for Los Angeles Fires
- Sean Diddy Combs' Alleged Texts Sent After Cassie Attack Revealed in Sex Trafficking Case
- Get a Designer Michael Kors $498 Handbag for $99 & More Luxury Deals Under $100
- Family of man found dead with a rope around neck demands answers; sheriff says no foul play detected
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- These evangelicals are voting their values — by backing Kamala Harris
- Inmates stab correctional officers at a Massachusetts prison
- Jimmy Carter's Grandson Shares Update on Former President Ahead of 100th Birthday
- Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
- Hayden Panettiere breaks silence on younger brother's death: 'I lost half my soul'
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- A body is found near the site of the deadly interstate shooting in Kentucky
- Maternal deaths surged in Texas in 2020, 2021
- 2 corrections officers stabbed, 3 others injured in assault at Massachusetts prison
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Newly released Coast Guard footage shows wreckage of Titan submersible on ocean floor
- Leaders of Democratic protest of Israel-Hamas war won’t endorse Harris but warn against Trump
- Bryce Young needs to escape Panthers to have any shot at reviving NFL career
Recommendation
Meta releases AI model to enhance Metaverse experience
Video shows masked robbers plunging through ceiling to steal $150,000 from Atlanta business
Emily in Paris' Lucas Bravo Reveals He Wasn't Originally Cast as Gabriel
South Dakota court suspends law license of former attorney general after fatal accident
Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
Cher to headline Victoria's Secret Fashion Show's all-women set
Phaedra Parks Reveals Why Her Real Housewives of Atlanta Return Will Make You Flip the Frack Out
A Trump Debate Comment About German Energy Policy Leaves Germans Perplexed